The Kiritsuke Chef’s Knife is a masterpiece forged by the famous blacksmith Kenji Togashi and sharpened by well-known craftsman Hirotsugu Tosa. Very hard to get item.
The Aoko or Blue Paper (Aogami) No.1 steel blade is made from famous Yasugi steel, known as prime high carbon steel, specifically developed for tools and knives.
Its blade is made through Honyaki process, so the edge gets very hard and retains its sharpness for a long time.
They are primarily for professional chefs and are the highest quality traditional Japanese knives.
Speaking to the Ebony Wood handle, the Japanese-Style Octagonal figure fits better comfortably to your hand.
It is wrapped with clear plastic sheet for protection. Please remove it before use.
– Blade Type : Kiritsuke Chef’s Knife
– Blacksmith: Kenji Togashi (Forging), Hirotsugu Tosa (Sharpening)
– Engraved Name : Kenji Togashi (in Japanese)
– Blade Steel Type: High Carbon Steel [Aoko or Blue Paper (Aogami) 1 steel], Honyaki processed
– Blade Edge : Single-Edged for right handed persons
– Handle Material : Japanese-Style Octagonal Ebony Wood (wrapped with clear plastic sheet for protection)
– Blade Length :270mm (Total Length : 420mm)
– Weight : 350g
– Brand NEW
– Made in JAPAN
If you have any question, please feel free to contact us anytime.
Thank you for reading and best regards!
All the Hocho-Knife staff
“Hocho” represents Made-in-Japan (Sushi / Sashimi) Kitchen Knives,
that is the soul of the cook!
Kyoto and Hyogo, JAPAN